Sunday, October 12, 2008

Good ol' Picard

In doing some preparation for the Great Re-Watch, I decided to track down different interviews with the stars themselves (actually, the video Byron posted made me think that perhaps that would be a good starting point). So I started with Patrick Stewart since he was my first Star Trek love. I found this BBC interview that's actually from a whole BBC page dedicated to Star Trek and it seems quite recent. It's quite the source. Here's a snippet from Patrick Stewart:

"
It was a long time before any of us realised that we were very slowly becoming well known as actors. That was a very, very slow process, largely brought about by the fact that we were too busy working to lift up our heads and pay attention to what was happening. We knew that the series was doing well, but it really wasn’t until the first season ended that I went to my first Star Trek convention. It was in Denver and [I] had expected that I would be standing in front of a few hundred people and found that there were two and a half thousand people and that they already knew more about me than I could ever possibly have believed."

I'm doing my best to be one of those two and a half thousand know-it-all fans. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

madisun clark said...

so what do you know about the star trek tour??

Holly said...

I actually know very little about it, I did a brief search on startrek.com but it wasn't very illuminating. What can you share with me about this tour??

I managed to make it to the Star Trek Experience this summer (RIP) which had a behind the scenes tour and allowed you to sit on TNG bridge (a replica).

Byronotron said...

Well, it's called Star Trek: The Exhibition now. It's at the San Diego Aerospace Museum through February. I went the first week it was open and it was fun, if a bit underwhelming, at 25 dollars for admission. I have heard rumors that following the closure of the ST: Experience in Las Vegas more props and sets were added to the Exhibition. I'll have to go again to find out.